the things we think are negative in our life....

E

eyecave

Subject: the-"crap"??-in-life
Date: Sep 27, 2003 1:58 AM

so, life hasn't worked out exactly like your mortal self desired?
have you ever considered that perhaps your wants were improperly sired?
if in our life's experiences we encounter things that, for us, aren't supposed
to be.
has a lack of vision concerning the learning in life's troubles been,for us, a value
hard to see?
is something we blunder on purposefully or by chance...
thought , by us, to be either a hindrance or part of life's bad experience?
are glitches, quirks, problems, looked on as a challenge directed towards us...
or merely part of the total expression of our goal, the acheivement of our current
life's thrust?....
should we harbor resentment, anger and grief? Should dread be the demon to steal
our goal's relief?....
the things we see as blocks are not that at all....they are the spices and flavors
that decorate life's memories halls...
the problems steer the later reflections we brag and speak about......they are
a part of it's recalled image.
when late in life we dwell on what we remember of it's past most vivid......

:shock:

bubba

Administrator
I don't think life ever goes as planned for anyone, but that depends on the plan of course. My life now is different to how I imagined it would be when I was much younger (and not so much younger). Wouldn't life be dull if it was all mapped out and went completely to plan? Or would that just be a relief?
Personally I just blunder on with little planning involved, although as I get older and more concious of my mortality I'm starting to plan things out a bit more.
The crap in life is mixed in with the good, there's no escaping that - I agree that many of the blocks aren't that at all, and will be remembered vividly as "the spice of life" but then there's the things that will be rememberd vividly for the pain they've caused too, and will always be remembered that way.

underground

I struggle with it sometimes- the lack of control or knowing what's happening makes me uneasy. Sometimes I think I'd like to have a book which I could go to to find out what's going to happen.

But that's ridiculous and so unrealistic that it won't do me any good. I'm feeling quite introverted and despairing at the moment...

T

Titch98

One of my biggest "set-backs", is the way I sometimes reflect back and consider what my life would be like if I had chose a different route at key points in my life. What if I didn't join the forces and stayed as an electrician? What if I didn't meet the bitch from hell who left me in financial ruins? I could go on.

I don't think life ever goes as planned for anyone

Damn right! I was supposed to be a millionaire by now......... :D

I can't complain about my life as it is. Certain things could be better, but as with everything else, you have got to make the best of what you have got. I got lots of good friends, a woman who loves me, a roof over my head, food on the table and an interest in a sport that people would die for (no pun intended.......). Consider myself lucky, really. There are far more many people in situations worse than mine.