Robbers Den cave, Oughtdara, Co.Clare, Ireland. Latest discovery **VIDEO*

Goydenman

Awesome find well done, awesome video love the passage shape, scalloping and formations and was that capping of the rift? Does the choke look like it will go?

burrencrawler

Goydenman said:
Awesome find well done, awesome video love the passage shape, scalloping and formations and was that capping of the rift? Does the choke look like it will go?

Hi Goyden, yes that was capping of the roof of the rift above which was all the cool stuff. The choke is very unstable (where the rocking rock was) its all down to manpower and enthusiasm as usual. Thanks for looking!

mrodoc

I really enjoyed that. Nice music Quentin! I reminder scrambling about in the hazel thickets of Oughtdarra years ago. Seems as if it starting to reveal it's secrets. See you have Poulnagollor on film. Remember diving the sump with Rick Stanton years ago - the pics on my Facebook page.

burrencrawler

mrodoc said:
I really enjoyed that. Nice music Quentin! I remember scrambling about in the hazel thickets of Oughtdarra years ago. Seems as if it starting to reveal it's secrets. See you have Poulnagollor on film. i remember diving the sump with Rick Stanton years ago - the pics on my Facebook page.

Hi Pete, yes i think the sump in Poulnagolloor stops short of the sink at a constriction if my memory (from reading about ti that is) serves me right. By the way whats the story with the sump at the end of Poulaphuca cave, the one outside of Ennis by Shallee Castle? you reckon it can be dug in dry weather? Glad you enjoyed the video. Check out the Gonzo video too......

mrodoc

If Poulapoucha cave is the swallet system with mud banks everywhere, a lot of crawling and terminal cherty pitch into a sump it didn't go_On the way I wished we had paid attention to the weather forecast as it would be a deathtrap in a cloudburst - fortunately it was a dry day!