Arran View Swallet

Pete

Just a quick heads up for anyone visiting county Clare, in particular Arran View swallet exit to Doolin cave the new house built near the entrance is suspected of having a septic tank overflowing into the cave. It was certainly a bit ripe there last weekend whilst we visited and the local councilor took some interest and indeed told us of the suspected pollution as they're trying to bring a case against the new owner for polluting the water!

Les W

Aran View always was a bit ripe  :unsure:

There were several pink fish down stream, last time I was there about 1 1/2 years ago, and also the usual dead calf just inside the entrance.  :eek:

Still a jolly good trip though Did you go through to St Catherine's or just to Fisher Street Pot?

The best trip is to go in Aran View, out Fisher Street, quick pint at McGanns* and then back in Fisher Street and out St Catherine's. A truly classic through trip

*Requires a bit of forward planning (you need to pay for the beer before you go in or have somebody meet you at the pub with money when you arrive).  :beer:

Obviously I cannot condone caving after beer, but a swift half can't hurt, can it?  :-\

Pete

We went in St Caths, as far as to see daylight at the bottom of Fisherstreet then out via Arran View. Didn't see any pink fish but I did see a large Eel in the mainstream, my earlier stories about man eating leeches to wind up the rest of the group backfired when this Eel swam past me and I came close to screaming like a girl!