Twll Du - a meeting presaged

Yesterday saw a meeting of the great, the good, and, doubtless, others to decide the future of Twll Du...

Today's print edition of the Guardian has a picture of William Blake's painting A Vision of the Last Judgement [available online at https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/The_Vision_of_the_Last_Judgment.png ] which could be seen as an allegory for this. Can you spot those sitting in judgement at the entrance to the pot, ancient portals (albeit not quite tramroad) descending to the depths where the masses enjoy themselves in a surprisingly realistic cave?  There is even a barred gate underground...

BradW

Yes very drole. I can't see what options there can be other than to comply with the requirements of a statutory body to make good what they consider damage to a protected feature.

braveduck

Well if the great and good were dressed like that in this weather ,there may be less of the 
great and good to worry about in the future  ;)

Wayland Smith

BradW said:
Yes very drole. I can't see what options there can be other than to comply with the requirements of a statutory body to make good what they consider damage to a protected feature.

Well they could just use common sense and make it safe but retain access. :-\

NameOfTheDragon

Wayland Smith said:
BradW said:

Well they could just use common sense and make it safe but retain access. :-\

Personally I would have been OK with that, especially as I no longer fit into the original entrance, but it was not an option that Cadw was prepared to consider, it seems.

Wayland Smith

NameOfTheDragon said:
Personally I would have been OK with that, especially as I no longer fit into the original entrance, but it was not an option that Cadw was prepared to consider, it seems.

Were Cadw realistically presented with this option?
Or were they just given the PDCMG mantra of only one entrance?
With this being stated as the landowners requirement?  :-\

Rhys

Wayland Smith said:
NameOfTheDragon said:

Were Cadw realistically presented with this option?
Or were they just given the PDCMG mantra of only one entrance?
With this being stated as the landowners requirement?  :-\

As Cambrian CC were represented at the meeting, I would imagine that keeping it open was suggested as on option!