problems accessing messages

Joel Corrigan

Can't access my messages. Any technical-types got any ideas? When I go to check them this comes up but no idea if that's the normal one : http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?action=pm

Cheers.

p.s, I use Safari as a browser & not had any problems before.

underground

No idea - I just clicked the link you mentioned and accessed my own message box. I sent you a message at lunchtime and it seemed to send OK.

SamT

I can access mine OK too - (also using that link).

Hmm - Bubba is the only man who may be able to shead any light. (when he wakes up)

bubba

Administrator
Hmm, that's the correct url for your message box Joel. I've just checked your permissions and they are set up correctly.

What happens when you click it? Nothing? Does any page come up at all?

Joel Corrigan

Still can't get to my messages page.  I'll check on someone else's computer later on but as far as I know nothing's changed with my settings etc so got this vague idea that it might be something to do with my account. No idea if that's likely or possible but should know this afternoon.

It says" Safari can?t open the page ?http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?action=pm?. The error was: ?Operation could not be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 302.)? (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork:302) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message."

I've done that but doubt I'll hear anything from Apple.

underground

Joel, send me your email address if you like (email me via my profile) and I'll send th message that way if you want to...

bubba

Administrator
Joel Corrigan said:
Still can't get to my messages page. I'll check on someone else's computer later on but as far as I know nothing's changed with my settings etc so got this vague idea that it might be something to do with my account. No idea if that's likely or possible but should know this afternoon.

It says" Safari can?t open the page ?http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?action=pm?. The error was: ?Operation could not be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 302.)? (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork:302) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message."

I've done that but doubt I'll hear anything from Apple.

It's nothing to do with your account on here. Googling for "kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 302" doesn't seem to offer any conclusive solution. Some links say it's a problem with server overload but i'm not aware that the server is overloaded at the moment.

Do you have another browser installed? Could you try with say Opera or Firefox?

Joel Corrigan

Tried it with firefox and nothing at all.  Something must have changed with my mac.  Bloody computers.  I'll get to the bottom of it in a year or so...
Underground: sent you email with my address.

Gotta dust off the suit now for J-Rat's funeral.  Should be fun....

bubba

Administrator
Joel Corrigan said:
Tried it with firefox and nothing at all.  Something must have changed with my mac.  Bloody computers.
I think it's some sort of Safari thang...

underground

Not sure if the messaging is working as it should anyway - the message I was going to email to Joel has disappereaed from my outbox and it was definitely there yesterday.

I'll have to retype tonight...

Joel Corrigan

Still can't access personal messages from anywhere (macs, pc, safari, firefox, internet explorer).  Something's not right with forum, methinks.....

nickwilliams

No problems with PM's on an Intel Mac running 10.5.5/Safari 3.1.2 here tonight.

[Not that I don't sympathise with your problem Joel - just I'm not seeing a problem which might be of some small assistance with diagnosis.]

Nick.

bubba

Administrator
underground said:
Not sure if the messaging is working as it should anyway - the message I was going to email to Joel has disappereaed from my outbox and it was definitely there yesterday.
Messages only go to the outbox after they've been sent as far as I know.

Joel Corrigan

Got more messages that I can't access from any source (different computers, different browsers etc) so assume my profile must be corrupted somehow? Don't suppose there's any way that administrators can access them on my behalf? Or at least see who has sent the messages? Computers are beyond me....

bubba

Administrator
There's nothing wrong with your profile as you've just posted on the site and it looks just the same as anyone else's.

Something at your end is blocking the PM page, but there's nothing at this end that is doing it - nothing has changed here.

Do you have a popup blocker/firewall/adblock/any other blocker installed that for some reason thinks the pm page should be blocked?

Have you tried from another computer on another connection, eg from work as opposed to at home?

Joel Corrigan

As I said, I've tried from at least half a dozen different locations on the same number of different computers. I may not be a computer spod but I've got a pretty good idea that something's not right......

Peter Burgess

Is it possible to get someone else who posts here to use your computer to check their messages? If they also have a problem then I suggest it is your system. If they do not, then it points to something specific to your profile. Just an idea.

bubba

Administrator
Joel, is the email address on your account current?

What I'd like to do is log in as you to see if I get the same problem. In order to do this I'd have to change your password as I can't find what your current password is due to them being encrypted in the database.

Once I've had a play and had a look at the problem, I can then send you the password i've used so then you can log in and change it back to one you want.

Joel Corrigan

Thanks for that. Email is current. Can send you my password but no idea if it'll go through via messaging on the forum. Alternatively can email if you mail it to my email address?