Research?

G

george

Hi,

I just wondered if I'm allowed to do research for work on here? I did it on another forum and got in trouble as I was supposed to pay (sorry). I don't want to upset anyone, so can someone let me know

Cheers

George

G

george

The thread I got in a little trouble for was on ukclimbing and entitled "World class wall in Thirsk". I wanted to capture peoples' thoughts on such a venture and it turns out I was supposed to pay a fee to the website for such research. This is all sorted out now and is still on there as a very successful post. Now, hyperthetically (because no-one in authority has answered my question yet!), this wall has the posibility of having some artificial cave type elements built in to it. I was going to ask on this forum what people thought of this.
Now answer the b####y question!
Can I do this kind of research?

Kind regards

George

Les W

I can't speak for Bubba (it is his site), but I personally don't have a problem with your proposed research.
This site is not UK Climbing and people are generally quite tolerant here (so long as you don't post sensationalist tabloid newspaper headlines  ;) ).

I am however very aware that the caving scene is full of people with strong opinions and you may find your research less than fruitful, as the thread degenerates into another politically motivated rant about New Labour, Global warming or MP's expenses.

Expect links to Daily Wail headines as well.  ;)

Best of luck.  (y)

G

george

The thing at the top of this page says I've spent over 11 hours on this site - i think most of that was trying to get answers out of you ;)
Nevertheless - thankyou very much for your thoughts and I will try and contact Bubba.
I look forward to some good natured ranting.

Cheers

George

www.nyy.org.uk

bubba

Administrator
I don't mind you asking questions regarding your wall.

I also don't require payment - ukclimbing is the front end for several shops so they will money grab at every oppurtunity.

However, though by no means a requirement, donations are always welcome if your research proves valuable to you ;)

G

george

Thanks for that Bubba. I'll put it in the general 'Ukcaving' forum.

George

Burt

george said:
this wall has the posibility of having some artificial cave type elements built in to it. I was going to ask on this forum what people thought of this.
Seems like a good plan to me. Why not?