Craftsman's Pot closed until persuaded

topcat

Err, sorry folks, but I have just 'closed' Craftsman's Pot to all but small children.....

A boulder in the floor of the first squeeze (ie in sight of daylight ) moved when I was thrashing about and has reduced the gap even further.

The way on beyond it is a short, narrow drop down a rift and so it would not be a good move to shove the boulder down cave lest it wedges in the rift.

It needs removing in small parts but I do not have the experience for that, and I'm not likely to be caving again until April .

Anyone interested in a short easy job ? (Assuming you have the tools).  Happy to assist post winter climbing.......

TC

Alex

Oh yes that was on the move when I went in a while back (last winter?), my mate could not be persuaded to go through and even I found it tight to get back through back then. I never recalled it being very tight, and the boulders just above all seemed to want to move. I guess now it is REALLY tight. I don't have access to capping gear myself though to help, though I do a drill.