3CT, rigging

Samouse1

Hey all,
Just wondering what, if anything is still rigged after the three counties grand traverse. Currently planning a trip and if anything?s left rigged it could be a huge help!
Cheers

rm128

I was in Shuttleworth on Sunday and it was all rigged. We rigged our own ropes, though. [NOTE: the usual warnings apply - ... fixed equipment... own risk... etc...]

Benfool

I believe the following is still rigged:

Notts Pot
Shuttleworth
Deaths Head
Ireby
Rift Pot
Large Pot???

B

A_Northerner

The plan after the 3CT was to "leave the ropes in to let people have a play on them", I think the organisers are planning to mention if they de-rig anything. However, some of the ropes were looking a little bit worse for wear on the day of the traverse so I can imagine they're getting pretty shagged by now. The 8mm on Deaths Head in particular (which was still in-situ 2 weeks ago) is getting quite glazed.

Samouse1

Righto, will bring our own ropes just in case. If anything looks too shagged, we will make an effort to remove it/ notify people on here. Cheers all

Benfool

If anything is shagged can you just rig over the top and not derig it. Let me know and I'll pass it onto the people concerned.

Most of these caves are being left rigged for ongoing projects, so we'd be pretty annoyed if they were derigged.

B

A_Northerner

Yeah, never take it upon yourself to de-rig someone's in-situ rigging unless you have their permission - for one thing they might still be in the system while you do so! And also their opinion of "shagged" might differ from yours, and as it's their rope it's their decision to make. If you think it's unsafe you should bring and rig your own rope anyway.

thehungrytroglobite

Samouse1 said:
All very good points, will rig around it

I'm gonna head down there on friday so happy to pre-rig for you if you like, I'm well known as the best female rigger in southern Hertfordshire and I'm sure you'd feel a lot safer on my ropes

Loki

thehungrytroglobite said:
Samouse1 said:
All very good points, will rig around it

I'm gonna head down there on friday so happy to pre-rig for you if you like, I'm well known as the best female rigger in southern Hertfordshire and I'm sure you'd feel a lot safer on my ropes
I read that as best female rigger in Southern Hemisphere which I thought was quite a claim!

flakey

Anyone know if Ireby is still rigged from the 3CT? (I heard it was still rigged earlier this summer, so this isn’t an entirely futile bump of an old thread!)

JoshW

I was there a few weeks ago and it was still rigged, didn’t realise it was still from 3CT, surely about time to be removed.. what have organisers done with removed rope from other caves?