CSCC November Newsletter

JoshW

Nice range of articles. As you know I?m a big fan of openness and transparency with membership, so think these are a great.

One negative though, the formatting on my phone is whack. I need to keep scrolling back and forth instead of it filing the screen, is there anything that can be done.

PeteHall

JoshW said:
One negative though, the formatting on my phone is whack. I need to keep scrolling back and forth instead of it filing the screen, is there anything that can be done.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd not tried it on the phone, but you're right, that's really not ideal!

First one I've done, so I'll try to fix this for the next issue!

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
A great step forward Pete, well done.

I thought the letter from the chair was a very honest and brave appraisal.  It does look like he is doing a good job and the future is a lot more positive.

I did wonder how the ratio of new faces to the same old faces had changed in CSCC though.  Any insight without getting yourself into trouble?  ;)

BradW

The obvious way to see how things are managed now is to join the meeting - all are invited, it says. There is no point is taking this off topic when the meetings are open for anyone to join. And if Badlad wants to report back afterwards, he can speak from first hand experience.

JoshW

Badlad said:
I thought the letter from the chair was a very honest and brave appraisal.  It does look like he is doing a good job and the future is a lot more positive.

The letter I think is the copy of Russell?s post on here. Not sure how much it works without the context of Rostam?s corresponding post on here.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
The title of the thread is "CSCC November Newsletter".  I've commented on it and asked a question based on comments in the chairman's letter which is a significant part of the newsletter.  How is that off topic?

I've only attended one CSCC meeting before on behalf of BCA and it was pretty hostile despite bringing them a cake!  I do have a genuine interest in how things have changed and whether it is the same people who have changed or the influx of new volunteers who have brought about the positivity.

Do you attend many CSCC meetings BradW?  I'd be interested to know if you have any experience yourself.

JoshW - the CSCC chairman

PeteHall

Badlad said:
I did wonder how the ratio of new faces to the same old faces had changed in CSCC though.  Any insight without getting yourself into trouble?  ;)

Easiest thing would be to look at the meeting minutes that include all attendees, but it's a tedious task and bit of data analysis I can't really be bothered with now. In short, those who attended in person (and who are still a club rep), continue to attend online. There are more people now attending, so the ratio of old faces is obviously reduced, by a dilution of new faces.  :)