Possible stolen gear on eBay?

d4nn3h

Just stumbled across this on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Climbing-Rope-/122733834951?hash=item1c9381b2c7:g:2asAAOSwjPdZ0Oyn

Now, it may be completely innocent, however, the fact the person listing it has labelled it as 'Climbing Rope', when to my untrained eye, I am sure that is static/caving rope, plus the caving bags and lack of description, suggests to me that the seller knows nothing about the equipment and thus COULD have acquired the gear by less than legitimate means. I thought I would post it on here, just in case anyone does recognise it and can confirm that it is or is not stolen.

Thanks
Danny

Long Drop

Look at the photos in his 'other items'...  Might be stolen but I think it looks more like an outdoor centre or similar being disbanded.

Some Petzl helmets in there that might be of interest to cave divers, but I don't want 60 - 70 of them!

L

royfellows

Long Drop said:
I think it looks more like an outdoor centre or similar being disbanded.

I would say nail on the head. I have similar I brought down from Nenthead, loads of helmets, coats, climbing harnesses etc

d4nn3h

Agree with all the comments above!

I apologise - perhaps I should have done a little bit more homework myself before posting! Quick Google search of 'Zenith Leisure' (the stickers on the helmets they also has for sale), suggests that it is a closed up business. It looks like it is someone just selling off their equipment.

Danny