Premier Acetylene Lamp Co

LarryFatcat

Does anyone remember this company?
I got a missed call from Buxton and put the number into Google. It came up as the "Premier Acetylene Lamp Co" but the address gave it away as Caving Supplies.

shotlighter

LarryFatcat said:
Does anyone remember this company?
I got a missed call from Buxton and put the number into Google. It came up as the "Premier Acetylene Lamp Co" but the address gave it away as Caving Supplies.
Caving Supplies bought out the trade name and tooling etc. from Premier, many years ago.

Graigwen

Here is a selection of what they used to make.

album-72157679947221496

Attachments

• Caswellslist2.jpg
    Caswellslist2.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 190

Aubrey

Casswells were an excellent company.
In the good old days you could go into their shop in Midsomer Norton and purchase bang over the counter. :eek:

Graigwen

Aubrey said:
In the good old days you could go into their shop in Midsomer Norton and purchase bang over the counter. :eek:

Polar Ammon I suppose. It seemed to be everywhere. I once spent a night in a bed with a discarded brown paper bag under it. On inspection in the morning the bag was found to contain six sticks of Polar Ammon.

cavemanmike

Graigwen said:
Aubrey said:

Polar Ammon I suppose. It seemed to be everywhere. I once spent a night in a bed with a discarded brown paper bag under it. On inspection in the morning the bag was found to contain six sticks of Polar Ammon.

Did the earth move ;)  ;)

tony from suffolk

I remember buying our first lot of bang from Casswells. Told to go round the back (this was the Wells branch, IIRC) and a bloke came out with a plastic bag, which he dumped unceremoniously in the back of our van. I don't suppose you can buy the stuff in quite the same way nowadays...

Graigwen

cavemanmike said:
Graigwen said:
Aubrey said:

Did the earth move ;)  ;)

That happened earlier. When the student nurse who occupied the flat found the sticks of geli she put them in her handbag, walked down to the prom and threw them into the sea. Then she realised she had done so right in front of the Police Station. Nothing else happened.