All the Easegill entrances

snebbit

wl

I've spent some recent lockdown time visiting every entrance in the NC Easegill chapter, initially to sniff some cave drafts but it evolved into taking a photo of each. In case anyone's interested, there they all are together below. If anyone/any organisation has any use for any or all of them, let me know and I'll drop you a full size copy, I've submitted some to the CNCC site already that are missing, and I'll add more. I know this has already been done (e.g. the excellent RR Easegill site) but this is how I chose to spend my time okay​

snebbit

Mr Dinwiddy said:
What order have you presented the photos ?

Reverse alphabetical order, but then I think there were only 94 or so, so I shoved a random 6 'secondary' shots in at the end to make it a 10 x 10 square. So some minor deception at the end

snebbit

Andy Sparrow said:
Are there really 100 entrances? 

Annoyingly not  :( - The gallery grid I did is missing a few A's and B's (Avon to Boundary). There were too many for a 10x10 and too few for an 11x11. I'll count them after work this eve and probably make a more accurate but less symmetric grid.

Also I haven't got Bronte Cave as it's on private land and I didn't want to disturb the owner during lockdown

Graigwen

With some hesitation I ask, did you find any pattern to the drafts.

(Probably not I guess with this many entrances, but maybe some groupings appeared.)

Speleotron

I'm going to struggle with this quiz as I've only even been in and out of the usual popular entrances but is B top Sink? This is based on it being a bit wet during a very long dry spell so I'm guessing it's quite far upstream.

Speleotron

Pool sink? it looks like in normal water levels you might have a pool of water there (that's all I've got to base it on!)