Ingleborough

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Took this shot this evening - if you're thinking of caving in The Dales tomorrow, it will look like this again, forecast is fab - enjoy....

1743719_1638435036374974_539665727855865147_n.jpg

IMG_0044%20800x281_zpsfkv0wpdn.jpg

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, a great view and I try never to take it for granted.

Photos of iconic views in other caving areas most welcome.......

"Ingleborough, the ?beacon hill?, is the undisputed overlord of the limestone country, the most compelling presence. It has the advantage, which few mountains have, of a bold and challenging outline from whatever direction it is seen, and, because it rises in isolation from valleys on all sides, the facility of looking higher than it is.

When Ingleborough is in view, it is a magnet for the eyes?.

AW.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Ingleborough lit up by lightening last night - photo by Janet Woodhouse via twitter (Top left - click the bird, go on click the bird)

CI6EYYGWwAAdHhJ_zpslymyjdme.jpg

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
12191964_863318457117155_7584309841487957709_n.jpg

Fab shot by Becca Lawson taken after 'a trip down Craftsmans, we were glad to see the light after braving the hanging death!'.

...and if someone could come and show me how to use flicka or a similar site there's a ukcaving mug, full of tea and accompanied by cake available  ;)  Fed up of photos I post via facebook disappearing but darned if I know how to navigate flicka!

Simon Wilson

This is at Rift Pot in the same feild as Craftsman's but looking in the opposite direction towards Ingleborough.

DSCN3054-40_zpsvkaktxb1.jpg

Never tried Flicka but I use Photobucket which I found very easy to use from the start.

Antwan

Pegasus said:
12191964_863318457117155_7584309841487957709_n.jpg

Fab shot by Becca Lawson taken after 'a trip down Craftsmans, we were glad to see the light after braving the hanging death!'.

...and if someone could come and show me how to use flicka or a similar site there's a ukcaving mug, full of tea and accompanied by cake available  ;)  Fed up of photos I post via facebook disappearing but darned if I know how to navigate flicka!

Im up your end this weekend if you want to pop down to helwith bridge

Fulk

I guess this picture must have been taken on Sunday, when I drove from Kendal to Kingsdale, leaving home in misty murky conditions, but slowly climbing out of the murk as I drove along the Kingsdale road as it leaves the Marton Arms; it was magical to suddenly pop out of the murk to see Kingsdale and Ingleborough in all their glory with the sun beating down from a cloudless blue sky . . . but frustrating that I didn't have a camera. Anyway, well done, Becca, for capturing this lovely scene (and posting it here).

Brains

Pegasus said:
Took this shot this evening - if you're thinking of caving in The Dales tomorrow, it will look like this again, forecast is fab - enjoy....

1743719_1638435036374974_539665727855865147_n.jpg

When I look at the original I see no pic, but when I copy and paste the URL I syill get no image, with the message "URL signature expired" Can any body currently see the image or is it just me?

Spike

Doesn't show for me either.

The error message suggests that FB only keeps links alive for a certain length of time - presumably to keep people going to the web-site where they can punt their advertising, rather than allowing themselves to be an image serving site. Fair enough when you consider that''s their business model.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
I used to post photos onto UKC via facebook then realised they disappear (give me a break, I've been on a steep learning curve this past year+ and no technology is absolutely NOT my strength), I now use photobucket, still not perfect but better.

I am reading the facebook v forum thread with real interest, especially the posts re photo hosting and promise we will look into it. 

Oh and I will get round to updating the photos on this thread  ;)

bograt

Pegasus said:
I used to post photos onto UKC via facebook then realised they disappear (give me a break, I've been on a steep learning curve this past year+ and no technology is absolutely NOT my strength), I now use photobucket, still not perfect but better.

I am reading the facebook v forum thread with real interest, especially the posts re photo hosting and promise we will look into it. 

Oh and I will get round to updating the photos on this thread  ;)

Hi Peg. suggest you get in touch with Simon on AditNow, they seem to manage keeping photos , and they give the impression they are in it for the long run---

Simon Wilson

View of the Dales from near my house today. Ingleborough on the far left half hidden by Penyghent. Great Whernside on the far right.

DSCN3538-001_zpshhcdrnwx.jpg

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
At times Ingeborough is hidden under clouds for what seems like weeks on end, one Winter it was white for months and months, however these days it looks like this - all the time  8) 

wl