Pay Sank..Info?

skippy

Hi All,

Has anyone ventured into Pay Sank recently?
Assuming the rigging off spits(and naturals), what is the state of the spits?
Also, does anyone have the rope lengths?

Many thanks.

Benfool

I last went down Pay Sank about 3 years ago, and from memory (it was after a heavy night in the Ale Tent so its a bit hazy) it wasn't p-bolted. I'd take a handful of hangers with you as I seem to remember removing them as I derigged, but I think the spits are fine.

Rigging guide here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/maetkv5gbayuxkp/Pay%20Sank%20Rigging%20Topo%20-%20PDF.pdf?dl=0

Hope that helps!

B

langcliffe

Benfool said:
I last went down Pay Sank about 3 years ago, and from memory (it was after a heavy night in the Ale Tent so its a bit hazy) it wasn't p-bolted. I'd take a handful of hangers with you as I seem to remember removing them as I derigged, but I think the spits are fine.

Looks like I misremembered the P-bolts!

Fulk

Eey up, Langcliffe, I seem to recall going down there with you and your saying, 'I'm never going caving again with you, Fulk, 'cos your rigging's crap' ? although it wan't really crap, I was merely using what was available, including manky old Spits and naturals?  ;)

(I've a dim recollection of dointg The Hole in the Wall Pitch off a chockstone that moved a little bit.)

I haven't been back since.

langcliffe

Fulk said:
Eey up, Langcliffe, I seem to recall going down there with you and your saying, 'I'm never going caving again with you, Fulk, 'cos your rigging's crap' ? although it wan't really crap, I was merely using what was available, including manky old Spits and naturals?  ;)

(I've a dim recollection of dointg The Hole in the Wall Pitch off a chockstone that moved a little bit.)

I haven't been back since.

I now remember! I have actually been back since, and the anchors didn't seem to bad, which is why I probably misremembered (or offered an alternative truth).