Stupot

I have managed to put an 8" tear in the arse of my Warmbac oversuit :( ,
what's the best way to repair them ?

Or should i admit defeat and part with another 65 golden nuggets

Anyone sucessfuly repaired one.

Stu.

D

Dave H

I've tried sewing the rip, then glueing a patch of the same material over it, sewing that on, and then finally spreading glue over the tread to protect it.

I've found these repairs, if done with care, prolong the life for a couple of years, before they rip around the edge of the new patch.

If the tear was caused due to the fabric being overstretched (a fat arse) then a diet will also be called for! :wink:

It depends on whether a couple of hours and sore fingers ('cos it's hard to get the needle through a few layers of the fabric) is better value to you than having £65 in your pocket!

Sewer Rat

i just bought my first warmback from up & under for

this might make you feel better
the postage was only 3.00 and arrived after 2 days

just in case eh!
:wink:

Sewer Rat

ooh i forgot
http://www.upandunder.co.uk/eshop/catalogue/testbs.asp?Manufacturer_ID=93&Activity_ID=5&Description_ID=93
just to make life easier

Stu

Sewer Rat said:
ooh i forgot
http://www.upandunder.co.uk/eshop/catalogue/testbs.asp?Manufacturer_ID=93&Activity_ID=5&Description_ID=93
just to make life easier

I think he was after an oversuit. Thought £47 was cheap :shock:

This is a fleece undersuit. Daleswear do one at about £30 - the Easegill. It's not as thick as the warmbac or daleswears' own Kingsdale but it's warm and the addition of a thermal still make it a cheaper option.

Though perhaps I shouldn't mention it now!!

mudmonkey

DaveH - I find that if the arse seam goes on a Warmbac, rather than sewing it back up, it's better to sew a patch onto the inside that leaves the old seam open (basically an oval patch on the inside, with the edges of the old fabric sewn near the edges of the new). That way the seam's not as tight any more. Definitely cover the thread with glue, though.

Stupot

Cheers guys, around 4 weeks ago the stiching went on my Warmbac right
along the ass section, i took it back to Warmabc in Street and they re stiched it for £5 :D

And by the way it was not the size of my arse that ripped it :LOL: as i only take a medium, it was actually whilst adopting my bum shuffling technique in the Black Hole series down Swildon's, just being lazy really,
although it's soooo tempting just to sit down and slide :wink:

Stu.

ian mckenzie

All my oversuits have been patched. I usually use latex-type glue, without stitching. There is also some new-generation iron-on patching material (heat-release glue) which works great if you can get it.

SamT

Stiched my tear with normal cotton then daubed seam sealant over it. Works a treat that stuff.

Reckon seam sealant (as used on new tents) is the dogs testiculars for patching caving kit. Used it on my tackle sacs and on ortleibs to good effect.

ianball11

Where do you get this glue from? I've gone through many oversuits all of which could probably be patched up but the sewing I do on them never lasts looks like a splattering of glue would prolong it longer though?

I've got a couple Beaver Oversuits and just worn through the sleeve in my Daleswear.

Ian B.

SamT

I seam sealant I got came with my tent - but Im sure you can get it from most outdoor type shops.

P

Pinch

Hey Stupot..

If you look anything like your Avatar and you have an 8" tear in the arse of you suit.... Do you fancy having a trip underground sometime :D

SamT

is that avatar vanassa paradis (of joe le taxi fame).

Mmmmm Vanessa (paradis - not feltz)

Urgh - Vanessa feltz.

underground

Vanessa Feltz polished up alright, bar the sneer, dint she?

Anyway, WRT undersuits, I just copped a Sub Zero Factor 2 off of eBay for 25 nicker. It's a bit inbetween, not fleece, but thicker than a base layer. Should be nice under a furry for cold spots, or maybe for quick fast trips when it isn't too wet.

Nice little suit anyway, I wore it to the shops yesterday- arrived fast and all that jazz....

[web]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9943&item=4539850599&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW[/web]

Stupot

Very good, nice one Pinch :LOL: :LOL:

The lovely lady is actually the sexiest woman in the world, and that's officail -- Angelina Jolie.

The image of Angelina in a ripped Warmbac is a good one, maybe all wet from just going throug a Sump, perhaps slightly out of breath with the zip
undone a little :shock:

Sorry had to stop myself then......

Stu