Landjoff caving bags

underground

I can't answer the question but they've got to be worth a punt at that price, I'm going to order a couple to see what they're like. Thanks for the tip  (y)

Amy

AWW you beat me to the link on our US forum.  :tease: I saw this topic and was all "OH HEY yeah they are testing out a few of these in the states! I can totally help with this topic!" Aww. I lose.

playoutside

Sorry to hear your a loser Amy  ;) Ha ha haaaaaa

They are looking Worthy of a purchase, when i get one I'll let you all know what they are like, then I'll buy a load and sell them on at an extra ?10 like the US guy lol

Amy

Hahaha yeah.

I could use a new cave pack eventually. Right now it's being held mostly watertight with shoegoo hehe.

In the states, everyone seems to swear by these: http://www.swaygogear.com/pushpack.htm which indeed, they hold up to anything and are waterproof and all that, you can give them a TON of abuse and at worse you may break the cheap 'biner on it that holds rolled shut and need to get a better one. I have issues with anything with the top straps being right next to each other like that though, it pulls my neck funky, hence I didn't get one. But I would otherwise! Highly recommend them. It is everything they claim it is.

khakipuce

I had a punt - and to coin a phrase "you gets what you pays for". The material is not much thicker than a meander suit, there is no reinforcement of the base and no internal loops for maillons/krabs. But that said, it's a serviceable bag, the top is asymmetric so when drawn closed it sort of forms a cover, it has replaceable bottom straps and a couple of handles up the back.

bren

I've got a Landjoff 28L that cost me ?19 or ?23 including postage.The material is not the thickest but is very serviceable. there isn't much support and the bag doesn't close brilliantly and can loosen up when chucking it forward in crawls but for the money you can't complain. On the up side the back straps are easily adjusted and comfy to wear.Mine has been on about 10 trips so seen approx 30 hours caving and as of yet shows no real signs of wear and cleans up as new.Give it a go for the cash even if you are not enamoured you can always find another use for it - I've taken mine sledging with the kids rather than using a fabric rucksack.

playoutside

I bought the bag cost ?17.12  Came in just over a week.  I haven't had it out yet but looks good for the money.  It also came with a free whistle :clap: (y) :bow: