Minera quarry entrances

dom

Hi all - has anyone been in the cave/mine that sits about 30 metres from Ogof Hen Ddyn? Its before the incline on the left hand side near to what I presume is ODB. Just curious as I went into the entrance solo, saw the ceiling that appears to be suspended by the power of magic alone and decided against going further. It appears to go in the direction of Hen Ddyn though....its not mentioned on Cris Ebbs otherwise-great site so just wanted to know if worth pursuing....

Ditto 3 entrances that are in the most south-west part of the quarry face, on the middle tier. Very difficult to get to (having failed at least twice!), so again just wondered if anyone had investigated.....

Lastly, there appears to be an active dig in Ogof Maldwen, just wondered if anyone was doing it that goes on here - if so I'd be happy to help!

I go walking/exploring in MQ quite a lot and there always seems to be a lot of potential there for both mines and further caves....

cavemanmike

give north wales caving club a nudge they are active in that area, also dave tyson from wirral caving club as he's very keen in that neck of the woods(or should i say quarry)

dom

Sounds like a plan - are you free during the week or just weekends? I'm away this weekend (great weather for it....)