Manor Farm Swallet

emma7027

When we were down Manor Farm Swallet at the weekend we had a slight boulder surfing moment in the main passage way just below September Rift. 

The stream had washed the smaller rocks and mud from under a larger one which gave way when stood on.  It seemed OK on the way out but a bit of caution may be a good idea in case anything else has washed out.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
CSCC are big fans of this forum and are bound to have already seen this  :spank:

Seriously though it is probably easier to make issues like this more widely known via the forum rather than the CSCC contact list (from which BTW I have never had a reply to my efforts to contact them)

:confused:

David Rose

Better to shut Manor Farm Swallet to cavers altogether, I say, or introduce a system that means only parties of three aged 27 - 45 can go down it with a an approved leader on payment of a ?20 fee to the Hunters Lodge cider drinkers' benevolent fund. You can't be too careful. There are some good formations in there and it's important to ensure few people ever get the chance to see them.

mikem

I take it your trip was Saturday, as some of our lot went down Sunday with no issues there.

droid

David Rose said:
Better to shut Manor Farm Swallet to cavers altogether, I say, or introduce a system that means only parties of three aged 27 - 45 can go down it with a an approved leader on payment of a ?20 fee to the Hunters Lodge cider drinkers' benevolent fund. You can't be too careful. There are some good formations in there and it's important to ensure few people ever get the chance to see them.

Why should CSCC....
No.
Serious thread.
Don't respond.
Drink more coffee.
Ommm Mani Padme Ommm?..

Take medication... ::) :LOL:

emma7027

mikem said:
I take it your trip was Saturday, as some of our lot went down Sunday with no issues there.

Yes it was Saturday.  Glad you didn't have any problems on Sunday - we must have gardened it all off  :)

cap n chris

emma7027 said:
estelle said:
I would suggest that you contact the CSCC and let them know so they can get someone to take a look. :)

Cheers Estelle I have dropped them a line

It can be a topic this coming Saturday at the next meeting, 1030am at the CoTU, provided it's quorate.