I wish to cave as soon as poss

K

Kosta

Does anyone know of any caving gear suppliers and organisers (and caves)in or near to lancashire(west)or any cave suppliers in liverpool?Im not necesserily after an intense experience just yet .something to get started with really.Any suggestions?

dunc

Not sure on organisers - assuming you mean a paid instructor to lead a trip as opposed to a club??

As for shops, I'm not aware of any in the West Lancs/Liverpool area (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong!) - the best bet is Ingleton in the Yorkshire Dales where there are two shops to go at - Bernies and Inglesport.. Or for Peak District; Hope/Bamford where you'll find Hitch'n'Hike and Buxton - Caving Supplies.. They are probably all similar(ish) in distance..

Brains

http://www.c**tplaces.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3414&highlight=willimsons+tunnels

Willimsons Tunnels under Liverpool can provide a good underground experience, not sure on the access but dare say it is in the link. For natural your closest is North wales, but Derbys and Yorks generally has more to go at and easier access. For artificial again N Wales - it is riddled with mines, and the slate around Ffestiniog has some huge underground workings. For someone to go with try the lifts and partners board, or try clubs in the area... do you have your own transport?

K

Kosta

no transport id probably get a train and bus or cab.ill try these tunnels under liverpool.

K

Kosta

does anyone know about the roman tunnels under chester?
i saw the williamson tunnels today,quite interesting.they would be more so if more of them were opened up to the public.