Just moved to Macclesfield...

cyborg

and I'd love to start doing some caving/mining! I've done a bit before in Australia and loved it, and I'd really like to learn some more about it and get back underground. I've contacted a few caving groups but unfortunately my lack of transport and equipment seems to be getting in my way, since everyone seems to meet approximately two to three hours away by public transportation at slightly awkward times :p It was suggested that I make a post on here to see if anyone had any ideas at all.

Thanks in advance! :)

AR

Contact the Derbyshire Caving Club, their base is at the Alderley Edge copper mines so pretty much on your doorstep!

Tangent_tracker

You know I think I have replyed to the server that passed the message on and not your email to our club doh?! Will try again!

Mrs Trellis

The DCC have a visitor centre at Alderley Edge just behind the Wizard tea room. It's usually manned on Sunday. The Surgery - the white building opposite the Wizard restaurant - is the mining HQ. Digging is usually on Tuesday evenings.

They used to have meetings in Stockport at the Packhorse Inn in the market place. This has been revamped is now called the Cocked Hat.

Tangent_tracker

No more manned Sundays unfortunately, although the tea rooms are supposed to open our museum they never do! Our meetings are also currently held in The Wizzard opposite our hut. Our AGM is this Monday.

We have discussed opening the museum once a month and running a trip but this has yet to gain volunteers! I think I will bring this up in the meeting :)