Anchor replacement in Jockey Hole

CNCC

Anchor replacement in Jockey Hole on the allotment has been completed and a new rigging topo now on the CNCC website website. Jockey Hole is also included in the new online booking system.

Not the most extensive cave but a spectacular descent!

https://cncc.org.uk/cave/jockey-hole

Photo courtesy of Stephen Oldfield.

Attachments

• 1543943185_436.jpg
    1543943185_436.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 355

Simon Wilson

One of the biggest shafts in the UK and one of my favourite caves. Jockey Hole is close to Rift Pot and on the same major joint. You could do it on it's own for a short trip or combine it with an excursion to other caves on The Allotment. Combined with Rift Pot it's perfect for a rainy day. It's also a great thing to do on a summer evening because the walk is very enjoyable and The Allotment is a beautiful place. It's safe in any weather, totally dry in low water levels but gets a little more than drippy in wet weather. You don't have to get a permit because this cave is unequivocally access land; you can look up into the sky from the bottom.

langcliffe

I've always enjoyed it. Mike Wooding and I put in the spits many years ago. A couple of us had a look in there in March and saw that bolting was in progress, but we had to beat a hasty retreat when large icicles started to rain down.