Camping in the Jura

Ship-badger

I'd like some recommendations for good campsites in the Jura or Doubs region please. I'm going at the end of September for a week. I've not been to the area before, so any advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks.

AndyF

Are you sure you want to camp...

There is a good caving bunkhouse there in a great local for the caves.....(cant remeber the  name of it though!!)

Worth having a look at

http://www.caveinfo.org.uk/members/jnl265.pdf

A

AMW

Cant remember the  name of it though!!

Gite D'Etape, Lison Accueil the French lady in charge speaks very good English, they also stock the Doubs and Jura caving guides. It is on the T junction in the middle of Nans sous St Anne across from the Church. The near by Source du Lison is spectacular (although no dry caving).

There is a shop in the village and restaurant, although the shop only sells local wine and cheese (very nice too  :beer:). The nearest super markets (and shopping areas) are in Levier 17Km and Salin-les-Bains 15Km.

Andrew.

dl

Have stayed at the campsite in Ornans for past two years.  The mobile home / chalets they have provide a good base and get you out of the rain , should the weather be like it normally is in September.  They actually turn out to be just as cheap as camping and it's not too far to walk into the town.