"Pretty Caves"

mrpatterson2011

Hi, I'm after the names of a few "pretty caves" in yorkshire. Something with some nice formations for photographing.

Many Thanks

Alex

Witches 2 is probbably the most decorated, but it is closed season in a few days getting a permit before then may be interesting. Hmm where else?

White Scar - some nice straws in there beyond the show cave
Easter Grotto & Marico (however it's spelt) in Ease Gill.
Illusion - thats nice.

Gavel pot - bah leck fell again, so's cupcake. Everything nice is on Leck fell :(

Theres nice formations in the harder caves, the ones that impressed me the most was the calcited tree routes in Pasture gill. Birks fell also has some nice formations. Knacker trapper thats another one if you go upstream (ignore the grade 3 rating, its 4 at least)

Hagg Gill is pretty and a good photographic trip.

Plenty of pretty passages as opposed to pretty caves - dry dock passage and straw chamber in easegill; easy street (I think that is what it's called) in Magnetometer - are a couple that spring to mind that are fairly accessible

glyders

Ribblehead Cave is great for photography. The straw chamber with goat skulls is fun. Push on to the end chamber and there is lots of different coloured stal.

Hangman

There's some nice formations in the streamway at the bottom of the hall of the mountain king in the Pipikin system. Slide down through the mud filled whole, turn right and keep looking up. A lot of it is in fairly pristine condition, especially the straws at the fair end.

Happy Snapping!

kay

glyders said:
Ribblehead Cave is great for photography. The straw chamber with goat skulls is fun. Push on to the end chamber and there is lots of different coloured stal.

That description sounds very like Gunnerfleet cave (near Ribblehead viaduct).

Skirwith has good photo opps too.