Blow for fundraising for cave rescue

Alex

Thats not good news at all!

Rising costs, did the owner of Broughton increase the rent? Well I guess I can ask him as I work at a business on that estate and often see him around.

bograt

I think it is more likely to be H&S and insurance costs, thats what is squeezing us with our (far more humble) village fete.
Couple that to compensation payments for cancellations due to weather, its surprising they have managed to keep it going, I think a vote of thanks is due to the organisers for doing so!.

hamsterlord

bograt said:
I think it is more likely to be H&S and insurance costs, thats what is squeezing us with our (far more humble) village fete.
Couple that to compensation payments for cancellations due to weather, its surprising they have managed to keep it going, I think a vote of thanks is due to the organisers for doing so!.

This is happening to festivals and fairs all over the country.  i know someone who helped run the Celtic Blue rock festival in Pembrokeshire and she said that over the years the demands from the police and local authority became increasingly bizzare.

In one case a tanker of drinking water from a registered string water supplier complete with test certificate was condemned by the licensing authority as they "were not given time to arrange proper independent testing".  In another case the police suggested that the 7 foot high fence around the event was inadequate and another fence should be bolted on top to make it 14 feet high (later rejected when the council agreed this "might be dangerous").  Even a cowpat was photographed and presented to the licensing committee as part of the investigation into breaches of the festival licence.

Found a link, but this is just the tip of the iceberg: http://tinyurl.com/9fmnnsl

Sorry for the rant, but why do we put up with this shit?