those undersuits with U-zip on the back..

rdrs

Cavers across the Channel (and others),

I'm shopping around for an undersuit. I've got a MTDE coolmax rag, a very hot and chaffing Meander furry, and since I still sweat a couple of liters even in Jura caves, I decided I needed that something in between.

There are some cool Meander undersuits, whose virtues and vices have been extoled in another post. Problem is, I'll be doing some biwak nights, and I've come to cherish that long G(!) zipper that let's you go about without stripping unnecessarily. As it seems, the Meander stretchis have zippers that go about the navel, give or take. Well, yes, there is one model with a kind of weird flappy opening out the back..

Then there's this spanish Rodcle Trasgu suit - which is still being sold, but no longer advertised in the makers website. This one has a back opening with a U zipper. Looks good, but what happens when you put your harness and spend time hanging? Is it usable at all, or will you end up with very deep, dented grooves on pressure points?

Does anyone have experience with this kind of contraption, or an alternative suggestion?

R.