International Symposium on Techniques for Remote Location of Unknown Underground

rhychydwr1

International Symposium on Techniques for Remote Location of Unknown Underground Cavities: Bulgaria

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing you regarding the International Symposium on ?Techniques for Remote Location of Unknown Underground Cavities?, 26-29 September 2019, https://esf2019.speleo-bg.org/symposia/.  The deadline for abstracts submission and reduced registration fee for the symposium was extended to August, 1th. Please send your abstract to me at yyshopov@yahoo.com.

We made our best to make this meeting extremely affordable. It will be held under the patronage of UIS and ESF.

This meeting is primary focused on development and applications of new techniques for remote location of unknown caves, but papers on any techniques for cave location are more than welcome. The most advanced of these techniques is remote location of new unknown caves with thermal cameras mounted on drones. It has great potential for location of new unknown caves in hardly accessible remote locations with extremely rough and dangerous surfaces like Afghanistan, Pakistan or the tepui in Venezuela. It will be extremely helpful to expand cave exploration in new regions and even on other planets. Studies of possibilities for application of this technique for search for caves on Mars and the Moon have already begun. So this symposium will be of interest not only to cave scientists and exploration geophysicists, but also to all cavers interested in the exciting search and exploration of new caves.

International Symposium on ?Techniques for Remote Location of Unknown Underground Cavities? will be held during the 13thEuroSpeleo Forum in Sofia, Bulgaria, 26th-29th September, 2019.

I would like to invite you to submit a talk to this meeting. Your participation in the meeting will be most welcome. You must be registered participant of the 13th EuroSpeleo Forum: https://esf2019.speleo-bg.org/registrations/ in order to give presentations at this Symposium (which is a part of the Forum).

With my best regards,

Prof. Yavor Shopov, PhD,

Chairman of the International Symposium on ?Techniques for Remote Location of Unknown Underground Cavities?