... i think this might be a load of rubbish but...

T

tubby two

Now i'm pretty bored with revision but putting caving in to the bbc (yes, i'm that bored) brought up this little gem.... as caving trivia....

3. Mouth to mouth
Apparently, the iatrogenic adrenaline ‘buzz' that people such as cavers, skydivers, bungee-jumpers and bingo enthusiasts get from their thrilling activities may also be experienced via a trip to the dentist. If the local anaesthetic administered to your mouth by your dentist seeps into your circulation, iatrogenic adrenaline is released into your system. This means that root-canal surgery can prove as thrilling to your body as free-fall parachuting. (It's true!)

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/justthejob/followyourdream/time/u_trivia.shtml)

.. I'm sure its all a load of rubbish but if anyone wants to volunteer i'll gladly stick a few needles in your mouths, make half your face go numb, drill the nerves out of your teeth and then ask you if it really was as good as caving?

Then you can probably thump me.

So, any voulnteers?

tt.

p.s. one day i'll actually be qualified to do that stuff too...)

hrock

not me but
i think adrenaline is one think but how you get it is the good bit. if you told me i could lie in bed all day and have a nice man pump the odd berst of adrenaline in to me then i would not like it. as mush as caving.

mudmonkey

Must admit when I had the student dentist stood there, needle in me mouth, having "never done this one before", and the tutor leaning over her shoulder, conversation going:
"left a bit, right a bit - there"
"But I've put the needle in as far as it goes and haven't hit any bone"
"Never mind, take it out and try again"
was an interesting experience. Don't mind at all as they've all got to learn but I can see where you're coming from tt....

M

Melanie lloyd

I had root canal work done a few years back and i can honestly say i did not find it thrilling at all. Mind you, my 10 year old son had a tooth extracted the first time yesterday. He thanked the dentist and said he found it quite exciting..Is he a strange kid or have dental practices changed radically since i was a child?..

Rob

hrock said:
i could lie in bed all day and have a nice man pump the odd berst of adrenaline in to me then i would not like it as mush as caving.

So the rumours aren't true then...

Wolfart

sittin in the chair knuckles turning white i'd rather have a white knuckle ride at Busch gardens that gets my adrenalin going not to mention a certain muscle relaxing,helps to wear brown trousers.