Mendip Cave Festival 2018

thenuttygang

Hello fellow cavers.  :D

This is an early advertisement for the second annual Mendip Cave Festival. It will be held in Priddy on Friday 4th - Monday 7th May and it will again be a free event.
The aim of this post is to gather interest early so we can build the best event we can, this includes finding leaders. We have already set up a community event and chat room on Facebook called "Cave fest UK" so please have a look and get involved.
Alternatively, please feel free to add comments here, or indeed offer your services if you feel you can.

Please be patient for a reply as we are doing our best.
Thank you for your interest.
Neil Maine
neilmaine@yahoo.com

AWW

Is it worth me asking what this is all about, what happens at this festival and what you are organising? (I still don't do Facebook and I didn't get an answer last year).

thenuttygang

Hi there and thank you for asking.
This year mendip cave fest was held over easter and we organised over 50 cavers trips to some of the best caves on the mendips.  It was our first year and everyone who came got to cave.
Next year we plan to do the same thing but bigger if possible.
It's a free event other than camping or other accommodation fees.
It's simply a bunch of cavers getting together to celebrate our passion. The organisers aim to arrange some 50+ trips next year for all levels of experience.
I hope this helps.

AWW

Thanks for the quick reply.
Is it just caving trips then our are you also planning anything else? Stomps or workshops perhaps?

thenuttygang

We are planning more than just caving.  Hopefully we will be able to include a workshop or two and a couple of talks from well known faces.
Ideas, offers of help, time, or otherwise are welcomed.  The whole aim of cave fest is to celebrate what the mendips have to offer for the caving community as a  whole.
Please feel free to contact me direct if you wish to get involved
I hope this helps.
Thank you again
Neil.
neilmaine@yahoo.com

thenuttygang

Hello everyone.
Since our last post we have been working hard to make  next year's cave festival something to be proud of.

CavefestUK are  working together with local committees and clubs to bring to you an amazing weekend of caving activities such as;
SRT training and demonstrations
Talks from explorers and pioneers of caving.
Photography talks and competitions
Family orientated rambles
Evening entertainment , bar and food

There is also a possibility that Cave rescue may do a demonstration or something but this is yet to be confirmed, and the Wessex challenge 50th anniversary is next year and may well be run at the event.

Needless to say, your support it what makes these events work so please make an effort and tell people about it.

Thank you again.
CavefestUK

Les W

It's in the first post...  :sneaky:

thenuttygang said:
This is an early advertisement for the second annual Mendip Cave Festival. It will be held in Priddy on Friday 4th - Monday 7th May

thenuttygang

Yes, digest is indeed running on the same weekend along with Cavefest.
I also believe it is not the 50th anniversary of the Wessex challenge.
Not to worry as all events will I believe combine to make a very special weekend