CHECC Forum 2015

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Many years since I was a student, however as no one from CHECC has posted this, I will.....  :halo:

12079250_985578368171081_806803102961373932_n.jpg

Diglett

Thanks Pegasus and Kevlar for posting this - much appreciated!

This year is looking set to be the best yet  ;)

cap n chris

Do we need Bare Grilles to provide balance to the otherwise wrongly-informed views non-cavers could gain from such publicity about caving?

Diglett

Cap'n Chris said:
Do we need Bare Grilles to provide balance to the otherwise wrongly-informed views non-cavers could gain from such publicity about caving?

Could you elaborate?

cap n chris

Best guess is that non-cavers looking at it might rashly think there's some kind of alcohol-fuelled speleological orgy event being advertised. Clearly a misinterpretation, speck.

adamhenry91

Kent University Caving Club! Adventure & Expo Plymouth - Climbing, Caving, Mountaineering, Slacklining. SUSS - Sheffield University Speleological Society University of Leeds Speleological Association - Caving! UBSS - University of Bristol Spelaeological Society Aberystwyth Caving Club GUPA - Glasgow University Potholing Association EUSS Reading University Caving Club Southampton University Caving Club Have all got Early Bird Tickets for CHECC!

That is over 200 student cavers heading to Yorkshire for a weekend of Caving, Fun, Competitions and Training!
Don't worry, Tickets are still available,
T-shirts are still available
Training is still available
And there are many many awesome prizes that you can win by entering one of the many competitions!

2xw

Cap'n Chris said:
Best guess is that non-cavers looking at it might rashly think there's some kind of alcohol-fuelled speleological orgy event being advertised. Clearly a misinterpretation, speck.

Doesn't matter. They're not invited anyway

cap n chris

The perception of caving from a non-caver's point of view can be very important; especially when something high profile gets caving into mainstream media, but I like your thinking nonetheless. :)

Kevlar

Cap'n Chris said:
The perception of caving from a non-caver's point of view can be very important; especially when something high profile gets caving into mainstream media, but I like your thinking nonetheless. :)

I remember seeing a youtube video taken at the recent national caving conference with semi-naked dancers in nipple tassels, suppose that's a different set of rules though.

Joe Duxbury

Kevlar said:
I remember seeing a youtube video taken at the recent national caving conference with semi-naked dancers in nipple tassels, suppose that's a different set of rules though.

Yes, because that was organised by mature, responsible speleologists.

Alex

I must admit if the text was not on that poster, I would have thought of Hidden earth rather than CHECC lol.

alastairgott

Joe Duxbury said:
Kevlar said:

Yes, because that was organised by mature, responsible speleologists.

Hehe, do you start studying caves rather than just going caving when you get older?

alastairgott

As a side note, Joe, i remember talking to you back in 2010 or 2011 when HE was in leek about the york uni expedition to montenegro, when i was either still a student or only just finished.

Students aren't all drunken newts. sheffield had a productive trip to spain, cambridge plus others had a good trip out to austria, imperial are still going out to slovenia (i think) and leeds are doing well abroad as well as some surveying in yorkshire.