Photography Trainer Required for Southern CHECC

Socialrobot

Southern CHECC is fast approaching and I still haven't found anyone who can run a photography course.

If anyone would be willing to give up a day of their time to help teach some eager students about underground photography, please get in touch!
At the moment I only have 1 signup, but I expect 3-4 come the SCHECC weekend. In previous years, it's been an classroom tutorial and then a practise underground, but if you wish to run it differently, that's up to you.

Southern CHECC is in Mendip this year, 5-6th March.

Thanks
Stuart

Duncan S

Hi Stuart - no problem - least I can do :)

The course will include an introduction to the three main types of caving shot and the different ways to light them.
We will start with a discussion about technique and equipment, then head underground to put the theory into practice.
If time permits, I'll fire up my laptop to look at the images we have taken and show how I process them.

Taking your own camera and lighting is optional.
I'll be demoing each shot we set up so that people have a head start using their own gear. The group is welcome to share my lighting.

I've run a course on these lines before and it was a lot of fun!
For amusement, here's a shot of me modelling for a cave photography group yesterday. It's only Upper Long Churn, but the water being chucked around makes for a dramatic shot! :)
i-j9gHhwS-M.jpg