Rigging P8

ah147

Thinking of rigging P8 and leaving it rigged on the first and second pitches (not the traverse) to ease a little project in there.

I'll use nice, safe gear and big thick ropes.

Anybody object?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paul

Going by previous posts involving leaving gear rigged in caves it might be best to leave some sort of sign that the ropes have been left intentionally in case they get removed by someone trying or be helpful or otherwise.

ah147

I was thinking of a laminated sign. With contact number on zip tied to the start of the ropes

I've no issue and doubt many would, but best let us know when you remove them so people as lazy as me, don't turn up expecting a  rigged cave!

zomjon

This is a cave that is heavily used and still using ladder and life line by many - my only thought would be that your rigging would be a bit in the way and it wouldn't take too much effort to rig it each visit - just my initial thought  :)

Gollum

I use P8 with groups using ladder and line and can't see any issue with it being rigged. If it's well rigged there shouldn't be a problem and if it's not well rigged I can use it to show my customers why they use a professional  :LOL:

ah147

The rigged ropes have been left coiled at pitch head to allow easy inspection/keep out of water and are long enough to allow being used as a lifeline :D

Gollum, I've seen your rigging! It's exceptional, except when we're stripping down our SRT kits for extra biners.