Is THIS The Most Impressive Adit in The UK ...

Paul Marvin

We think it possibly is guys :eek:  what's your opinions ?  :-\

Attachments

• Temp Stills (49) copy.jpg
    Temp Stills (49) copy.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,946
  • Temp Stills (90) copy.jpg
    Temp Stills (90) copy.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 128

Ian Adams

Cae Coch has some of the best mineral formations I have seen. The "red waters" in the adit below are unique to my experiences and are nothing less than "utterly superb"

Super stuff  :bow:

Ian

Ian Adams

It is although I haven't been for a while.

I can't show you though, my piccies are failing security checks and I got bounced for trying to double post without them  :unsure:

lumenchild

Paul Marvin said:

That is a very nice Adit, but i gotta admit, i do have a soft spot for the slate mine entrances, especially Wrysgan in Tanygrisiau, north wales,  :D

Attachments

• 965562_373040049475119_1943794357_o.jpg
    965562_373040049475119_1943794357_o.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 127

tomferry

Cantclimbtom said:
Is this the one with acidic pools you visited a short while ago?

I got a large collection of Cae coch photos  in link below if your interested I think 2 pages that cover 90% of the mine .

https://flickr.com/photos/193182234@N06/albums/72157719347047442

Some are the other neighbouring sulphur mines also .

Paul Marvin

lumenchild said:
Paul Marvin said:

That is a very nice Adit, but i gotta admit, i do have a soft spot for the slate mine entrances, especially Wrysgan in Tanygrisiau, north wales,  :D

Yes we like that one as well ( nice doggy trip ) in there . Was also in there last week  (y)

Paul Marvin

Cantclimbtom said:
Is this the one with acidic pools you visited a short while ago?

Extremely acidic we always take some soap and water to wash our faces and hands after , lypsyl is also good as well

Paul Marvin

Ian Adams said:
Cae Coch has some of the best mineral formations I have seen. The "red waters" in the adit below are unique to my experiences and are nothing less than "utterly superb"

Super stuff  :bow:

Ian

Wait till I get the video edited Ian the colours look so vivid they dont look real  :eek:, be done in a few days just been looking at some stills in there and it looks like I have bucketed colour on them in photoshop    (y)

tomferry

On my recent trips their with Dave Tyson & Chris Cowdery we done a lot of ph tests the lowest we found was 3 but the common is around 4.

Paul Marvin

Tomferry said:
On my recent trips their with Dave Tyson & Chris Cowdery we done a lot of ph tests the lowest we found was 3 but the common is around 4.

It tastes around 1 we have done them as well and got 3

royfellows

I dont want to rain on peoples parades but adits are technically drainage and sometimes haulage levels, so the term does not really apply to cavernous entrances.
having said that, been doing this for , well, but never cease to be amazed at the daylight caverns up at Rhosydd.

Another good one is the Towanwrath Vugga at Wheal Coates in Cornwall.

Cantclimbtom

royfellows said:
... never cease to be amazed at the daylight caverns up at Rhosydd....
  I've only been there at night, sounds like I'm missing something then :(
Then again you can admire the bats in the early hours, you even get the odd one fly through to Chamber of horrors, I didn't imagine they'd have gone that far inbye, but I've seen it!

Paul Marvin

royfellows said:
I dont want to rain on peoples parades but adits are technically drainage and sometimes haulage levels, so the term does not really apply to cavernous entrances.
having said that, been doing this for , well, but never cease to be amazed at the daylight caverns up at Rhosydd.

Lets call it a pretty opening then Roy  :sneaky:  The top"opening" at Rhiwbach is pretty impressive but not got the foliage like this one .

Cantclimbtom

lumenchild said:
... ...  i do have a soft spot for the slate mine entrances, especially Wrysgan in Tanygrisiau, north wales,  :D
Love the image, it almost looks like a macro lens shot of something really really tiny, gives the image an interesting effect

sinker

Tomferry said:

You may also have attracted the attention of the NRW....

tomferry

royfellows said:

No 1 got worked out I believe by the munitions work in ww1 it could of been before this I no they was pulling large amounts of pyrites out in 1860 , I don?t believe it?s actually documented.

No2 was a haulage way.

No 3 was a haulage way little remains of this haulage way as it was lost in the land slides some is still their past  the chicken shed .

No 4 was the drainage Adit .

Their was going to be a no 5 but this never got completed it is shown on the survey of the mine I suspect the winze on the no 3 extension leads to this but is probaly full of ochre now anyway !

I have written a article on this place that covers mainly every inch of it  (y)

Keris82

We found this beautiful adit in North Wales near our campsite

Attachments

• IMG_20210811_110742.jpg
    IMG_20210811_110742.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 122