Otter Hole: Wetsuit yes or no?

Rhys

No.

Pretty much no-one would wear a wetsuit in there these days. A decent oversuit and furry is fine. With a PVC oversuit it's easier to wash off the mud than with a cordura, so if you have PVC, go with that.

Rhys

Alex

Aye you only get wet for about 50ft going through the first sump but if you catch it at the right time you wont get anything more than your legs wet. Everything else is relatively dry, so its just a pain.

bograt

Alex said:
Aye you only get wet for about 50ft going through the first sump but if you catch it at the right time you wont get anything more than your legs wet. Everything else is relatively dry, so its just a pain.

But extremely clacky mud !! :) :)

I would go along with the PVC oversuit idea, you get very sh*t up getting in there, but after that it is something else!!

mrodoc

Done it both over the years and if I had the choice now with modern materials I agree fleece and pvc over suit as you can give it a good wash off before you enter the nice bits.  I fancy a mid week trip sometime. Are they ever done nowadays as being retired it gives me more scope to contemplate a visit at a civilised time. In the past have gone in at 11 pm and come out the next morning as that's how the tides fitted! 

Rhys

Led trips are only offered on weekends and bank holiday Mondays from around May to September. For mid week, I suppose you'd need to arrange it directly with a friendly leader or member of one of the three local clubs (RFDCC, GSS, Hades).

Rhys