Via Ferrata in Majorca

Pyro

Going to Majorca next week as part of a large group of Cavers, but we intend on doing some canyoning/climbing too. Was wondering if anyone knows of any Via Ferratas out there?

also, a certain mate of mine would like to know of any whore houses... not me, honest  :spank:

Cheers :D

zucca

hey, no idea of a via ferrata but canyon-wise our group has done Mortitx and Gorge Diners (dry but 23 pitches!) last week with good enjoyment of all the parties involved. I've not been there myself as I prefer caving :) A good day out is the Torrent de Pareis walk at the bottom of Sa Calobra. No gear required and lots of fun for those who like impressive scenery and bulder hopping. If you want more info PM me.

cheers, z

Lurker

Hey,
I wonder who you could be zucca! I was on the Mortitx trip last week - if canyoning and via ferratas are your cup of tea then it's highly recommended.  If you come out of the escape route (either half way down the canyon or at the bottom) rather than swimming round the headland at the end of the canyon, then after some fairly hairy and exposed scrambling (for wusses like me anyway) you end up at the bottom of a short via ferrata. All that our guidebook mentioned was "escape route leads to a bit of tricky scrambling" so this was a bit unexpected when we did the trip and somewhat interesting in wetsuits and neoprene slippers! The combination of 2hr walk, canyon, scramble and via ferrata makes for a fantastic day though.
Cheers
Lurker

Cave_Troll

VF sorry

so far i've found a mention of "there's a bit of VF to get from one tier of a crag to the other" and one of the canyons return route being a VF

AMH

My understanding is that it is only on the escape route of Fondo Mortitx to avoid the requirement to prusik back to the start of the 400 m long canyon. Search YouTube for Mortitx via ferrata and you will see videos of the short sections of metal work.

AMH