Win a Polo Shirt & UKC Mug - Slogan Competition

aricooperdavis

SLOGAN COMPETITION - WIN A POLO SHIRT & UKC MUG!

:D Exeter University could do with your help! :D

We're printing some polo shirts for fresher's week to replace our old designs and could do with some help in thinking up a witty tag-line to go with it. The brief is as entertaining (and caving related) as possible, whilst still being appropriate enough to represent the university in public! (Last years was "No hole too small" in latin, for example...)

The aim is to replace the Lorem ipsum text on the image below:

Click on me to zoom in!

The winner will receive a free bottle green polo shirt in their size with their tagline on the bottom, and a priceless mug :coffee: kindly donated by UKCaving! (Thank you Pegasus! (y) )

The winner will be chosen by the EUSS club president on August the 16th giving you two weeks to enter your tag-line, so get involved and see what you can come up with!

Duncan Price

As an ex-EUSS caver.

What happened to the ram's head logo?

A suitable motto: "Semper in excretia" (may not be the correct declination - my classics studies ended at Yr 3 of secondary school)

Duncan (EUSS 1983-85)

aricooperdavis

Duncan Price said:
As an ex-EUSS caver.

What happened to the ram's head logo?

A suitable motto: "Semper in excretia" (may not be the correct declination - my classics studies ended at Yr 3 of secondary school)

Duncan (EUSS 1983-85)

Ah, I think I may have read a trip report of yours about meeting someone half way whilst free diving Swildon's sump 2 in 1984!

We still use the ram's head logo, that's the main club logo which is stitched on the front of the shirt. This competition is about the design for the back which changes yearly.

Graigwen

A bit posh wanting Latin aren't you.

You could steal the MWCC motto from the late 60s/early 70s, which started out as a poem entitled "A full and complete description of the aims and activities of the Mid Wales Caving Club 1969"

It lived up to the title:

Ex caverna
Ad taberna

Minion

Continuing the Latin theme.

"Aut iveniam viam aut faciam" ("I shall either find a way or make one")

Would be especially good if you have an active digging team

aricooperdavis

Graigwen said:
A bit posh wanting Latin aren't you.

Definitely doesn't need to be Latin, it just so happens that last years slogan was so as not to offend the sensitive academics in charge! :halo: