White Lady

Paul Marvin

Hi Guys

Off to Sth Wales shortly and fancy a dip in white lady , tell me you divers when you go down the drop with the cave entrance to your right and the entrance to Town Drain on your left, does the dive come back on yourself up towards where the car park is ?

Paul

Huge

Yes, it does head back upstream and comes out at Pwll y Rhyd (see photo), which you'll pass on your walk down to White Lady. Watch out for all the trees and other stuff washed in during floods! I'm not a diver though btw.  :)

Attachments

• OI000058.JPG
    OI000058.JPG
    965.9 KB · Views: 168

Paul Marvin

Huge said:
Yes, it does head back upstream and comes out at Pwll y Rhyd (see photo), which you'll pass on your walk down to White Lady. Watch out for all the trees and other stuff washed in during floods! I'm not a diver though btw.  :)

Thanks I was right in my thinking but nice to have it confirmed , much appreciated    (y)

Paul Marvin

Dived it today and found it really snagged up with a lot of debris , vis about 2 feet and seemed very still I dont think its had to much water trough it in recent weeks . The midges were really out in force today, good job we had some decent repellant we would have been eaten alive  :cry:

Paul Marvin

We have used two this week and both VERY effective , the first being wilkos own brand in a small white canister but have also been very impressed with the kids one in home bargains in a small yellow pump spray which is good because its a liquid and not an aerosol . Give yourself a GOOD soaking in it and you can then rub it in. I think the key is to make sure you get all the exposed areas especially ankles backs of knees neck and ears . One tiny bit not covered and the little buggers will find it. We are stopping in Talybont Forest near to a river so you can imagine how many there are, its just the right conditions for them. re apply the stuff 3 times per day. I have read today that if you kill one it attracts 1000,s of them out for revenge, I find that the bites are far worse that mosquitoes !  :eek:

Tip... You dont have to buy the very expensive branded ones , to be honest they are usually shit apart from Autan.

Hope that helps buddy    (y)

AR

Best insect repellent I've ever used was Tesco's own brand gin - kept the mozzies away a treat when I was in Norway. Plus, if it doesn't work you can always drink it to take your mind off the bites! :LOL:

Fishes

AR said:
Best insect repellent I've ever used was Tesco's own brand gin - kept the mozzies away a treat when I was in Norway. Plus, if it doesn't work you can always drink it to take your mind off the bites! :LOL:

We use Naff Off. Its designed for horses but works really well.

AR

Fishes said:
AR said:

We use Naff Off. Its designed for horses but works really well.
Yes, horse insect repellents are generally better than human ones - Power Phaser would be my choice if I've run out of gin!