Dale Head Pot

langcliffe

Does anybody know anything about the mass of hosepipery half-blocking access to the dig in the entrance of Dale Head Pot? Has it been abandoned, or is someone doing something useful with it? It's currently one hell of a mess.

There is also the rotting corpse of a rabbit in Heartburn Crawl, which caused our intrepid leader to back-off when it got mixed up  with his beard. It needs a good storm to wash it through  (the rabbit, not the beard).

s_allshorn

It?s mine. Will be removed soon. It lowers the water in crawl on damper day but is to be taken out as work is nearly finished.

s_allshorn

Removed this afternoon from the aroma coming up the shaft the dead thing isn?t wholly gone yet but it has enabled me to id that there is definitely something dead in my garage.

Greybeard

Well done for the clear out but I think there is something left in my furry from our September trip  or it's been stored in your garage!

langcliffe

Greybeard said:
Well done for the clear out but I think there is something left in my furry from our September trip  or it's been stored in your garage!

I don't think you should be blaming  your furry suit - I think the culprit is your beard!

mrodoc

That bloody crawl. I remember it well from about 40 years ago. It was described as flat out whereas I would describe it as a long squeeze. I emerged the far end with the swiss army knife I had on a lanyard round my neck torn off! I had also made the mistake of pushing a pile of kit in front of me. It was a memorable trip.

Alex

That bloody crawl. I remember it well from about 40 years ago. It was described as flat out whereas I would describe it as a long squeeze. I emerged the far end with the swiss army knife I had on a lanyard round my neck torn off! I had also made the mistake of pushing a pile of kit in front of me. It was a memorable trip.

Yes I had a knife shape bruise in my chest from that thing too. It's quite a scary one as I know someone died in that crawl when it flooded.