Vercors 2008

woollydigger

Is anyone traveling by car to vercors 2008 who i can get a lift with. i know it's a little while off but  i would like to get things sorted as soon possable.

Glenn

woollydigger said:
Is anyone traveling by car to vercors 2008 who i can get a lift with. i know it's a little while off but  i would like to get things sorted as soon possable.

Hi Woolydigger, did you get a response to this? I have a list of (UK) cave who have registered for Vercors 2008 and was wondering if we all want to keep in touch to discuss travel plans, or whatever. What do we all think?

Cheers,

Glenn

anfieldman

No problem with that Glenn. I would have offered Wollydigger a lift but I we will be popping to Brussels to see some family beforehand and we only have a Renault Megane. Sorry Woollydigger.  :(

JB

Hi Wallydigger. There are a few lads from the Eldon going. Will post on here nearer the time if there's space in a car or owt.

Cheers,
Jules.

bazdog

Hello, I'm taking my wife to the vercors and we are flying into Lyon but we might have space in the hire car to get around in the vercors as I think there are only the two of us from our club going. We are camping at L'oursiere in villard de lans so hopefully will meet a few of you out there.
Cheers
Tam

Glenn

I've just had an email from Randi Poer, an American who will be attending Vercors 2008 who is interested in meeting people ahead of time to possibly go caving with.

He will be present with friends from the US, but most will be a part of the "canyoneering" end of things.

He has visted the Vercors about 5 years ago and descended the Geouffre Berger to about -640 Meters.

He has asked me to pass on his e-mail details to "folks who may be willing to meet up, and let me tag along on an exciting cave or canyon trip"

You can contact Randi at: advntr_inxs@yahoo.com

Cheers,

Glenn

A

advntr_inxs

Glenn said:
I've just had an email from Randi Poer, an American who will be attending Vercors 2008 who is interested in meeting people ahead of time to possibly go caving with.

He will be present with friends from the US, but most will be a part of the "canyoneering" end of things.

Thanks Glenn, I appreciate your response and effort. I am however, not a he, but a she :)

He has visted the Vercors about 5 years ago and descended the Geouffre Berger to about -640 Meters.

My trip to the Berger was my first international trip (and my 6th vertical cave). I consider myself blessed to have been invited  & able to have made that trip.  I met up with my friend John Camplin (a Brit) and went with him & his caving club. I have since lost touch with John (anyone here know him & have is e-mail by chance?)
I don't recall which club, but Yorkshire Pothole and Caving sounds familiar.

He has asked me to pass on his e-mail details to "folks who may be willing to meet up, and let me tag along on an exciting cave or canyon trip"

You can contact Randi at: advntr_inxs@yahoo.com

Cheers,

Glenn

Hope to hear from some of you. Some friends and myself are looking at renting a place in Lans En Vercors close to the rendezvous site. If we don't get a chance to cave together, I will still make it a point to meander over the campground where you are all staying! I'm really looking forward to this trip! It will be my first European vacation in two years! And my second time in this fantastic corner of the world.

Cheers,

~Randi

woollydigger

still haven't got a lift yet had some maybe's still looking or it's flying out but i will miss out on the coutryside. found out the cheapest airfair 39 pounds return. iam aimin to go out on 19/8/08. does anyone know the cheapest b&b in the area and how to book it .

Glenn

woollydigger said:
does anyone know the cheapest b&b in the area and how to book it .

Have a look here: http://www.ot-lans-en-vercors.fr/

A good proprtion of UK cavers are camping here (at Villard-de-Lans):
www.camping-oursiere.fr

Cheers,

Glenn

Glenn

advntr_inxs said:
Glenn said:

Thanks Glenn, I appreciate your response and effort. I am however, not a he, but a she :)

oops! Sorry Randi

A

advntr_inxs

Glenn said:
advntr_inxs said:
Glenn said:

oops! Sorry Randi

No problem. You didn't know. : )
I found long lost JOHN!!! Thanks Adrian!

Hi

I could do with a lift back to Berkshire as the car I am in is going on up to the Netherlands.

Does anyone have space please?

H

Hurricane

I need a lift there and back, I'm Sheffield based but can drive to somewhere in the UK. Alternatively I can take a car if people want to start a new car share. I would like to get this sorted ASAP or decide I have to fly... I'll be camping wherever the rest of SUSS are and can probably cadge lifts around with them once there. The more the merrier tho.... I'm now awaiting the flood of e-mails....

Glenn

Later on today, I will be sending an email (Vercors 2008 distribution list) to every one who has registered for the congress via BCA so that, if required, we can keep in touch and share travel arrangements and offer any help/knowledge where applicable. If anyone wants to be added to this list (or removed), please email me at: membership@british-caving.org.uk

Cheers,

Glenn

H

Hurricane

My plans are a little firmer... I have a car to borrow so if anyone wants a lift then I have eyed up a ferry... leaving 22nd after work returing to Dover lunchtime of the 31st. I'm lookng for another driver. If no one wants a lift with a female 25yr old "experienced"  :halo: caver then I am very surprised. I'm getting  :D now