"Lost" caving gear after cave rescue

prahja

Does anyone know the whereabouts of a bag of all my caving gear ?
It was accidentally left at Whitewalls after the Daren rescue - I have asked at Whitewalls/SWCC/SMWCRT with no joy.

If you have it, please examine your conscience.

(Blue AV suit, caving supplies helmet, home made/Biffin/Oldham light, well-stocked first aid kit).

It's a bit sad when a cave rescue doctor's caving gear is stolen/misplaced/mis-appropriated after a rescue...
Hope you dont need a doctor to come and help you...

Cheers...

simonsays

I really hope its just been misplaced and hope you'll soon be reunited with your gear. The thought that it may have been stolen makes me sad.

Thanks for turning out and helping when you were needed.

Simon

prahja

It was my fault leaving it there - I had been on-call all weekend and then went over to Daren after my shift finished at 10.00 on sunday night - we left the cave at about 0600 the next morning so I was tired when I left it in the changing rooms.

I just thought someone might be honest and give it back (probably naively). Leaves a little bit of a bad taste in the mouth...

Ps. Who ever has my gear - I hope you enjoy it - it took a long time to make some of the kit, put together the first aid kit and build the light.

potholer

Was it in an obviously unique bag, or in an Inglesport/Bernies bag or similar?

I once temporarily lost a big green bag full of kit.
Someone picked it up in a genuine mistake in addition to their own stuff, and it took them a while to realise that they had an extra bag after they got home.

If someone could have picked it up accidentally while mistaking it for one of theirs, they may well also be fairly likely not to notice the mistake immediately.

Hi I was there in October and I remember having to move a navy blue AV, I think under suit, hanging on the cloths rack at the back & a red helmet sat on the shelf, can't remember the light but it was part of it. I had a very wet kit and didn't want to get anything else wet.

That is a bit of a gap though & I am sure you must have checked before then.  My brand new helmet still in it's box disappeared from Bull Pot Farm at Easter.  I do hope you get it back.

prahja

Thanks - it was a blue AV oversuit, a yellow meander, a blue, knackered dragon undersuit and a yellow helmet

maxb727

A friend of mine lost their helmet and light for over 3 years becasue the person who picked it up took a break from caving and didn't realise he had picked up someone elses kit. It was returned a few months ago so you never know your kit may turn up!