British caving in Montenegro

Joe Duxbury

I have been asked by the Montenegrin national caving association to "write a brief retrospective view on British speleological research in ... Montenegro. The text should be up to 16 pages with materials such as pictures and maps."

I would be very grateful if any British cavers who have been caving in Montenegro, even up to 50 years ago, would contact me and give me a brief summary of where they went and what they achieved. I may well ask for further information from any respondents.

This is another great opportunity to put British caving on the map, and to establish more links with other European cavers.

rhychydwr1

The latest Grottan has the following:

Stephen Gilbert and Eleanor Jones, Montenegro Caving - Durmitor 2010.  Grottan Vol 45, No 4 Dec 2010 pp 16-21.  4 photos, 3 surveys.  PM me if anyone needs a copy.

Fortunately the article is in English although my knowledge of Swedish is improving after watching `n' episodes of Wallander.

Les W

rhychydwr1 said:
Fortunately the article is in English although my knowledge of Swedish is improving after watching `n' episodes of Wallander.

What's that got to do with Montenegro? Do they speak Swedish there?

bren

opps only seen the vid of the trip and mike was the only one i recognised.sorry for being more than obvious o_O just trying to help :)