anything down here?

owd git

Drove past a spot near balidon/ brassington today spotted tembos and an open rift? whats down there? Anyone?
maps

Cheers  (y) O.G.

owd git

concrete decking (as in Richard Lee's concrete products @ hulland.) rather than heavy sleepers. drag the google orange man to location can be seen. (y)
Thanke Paul.

zomjon

Sometimes Rick, your explanations tend to be more cryptic than the original post! Up for caving tomorrow?

owd git

Yep.
& Yep .
also near brassington/ balidon rd. 53.085328,-1.688733 in google (drag the little orange man and look west.
O.G.  ( damn thing won't direct link.)

Brains

In my innocence of concrete products I would have called it a bison beam...
Spose the only way to know whats under it is to have a look see.
Looks to be the same material that was used by the council to help cap the Whalf Engine Shaft a few years back

JAM

I'm going out that way tomorrow so i'll take a look. Seems interesting..
That same concrete slabbing covers the main shaft on Hard Rake. Still heavy as hell!

Rich

owd git

I knew someone would. the rift in the rock in the background has in interesting gaping hole too.
O.G.

paul

I believe that area (Hipley Dale) has been thoroughly investigated in the past and more recently (see OCC Log Book records and Newsletters) so there probably won't be any surprises... Still, if you are curious and passing nearby, then you can always have a look. :)