Bagshawe BREAKTHROUGH!! (photos added)

SamT

:D

Last night - After 4 years of digging,  Myself and Bog Bergman accompanied by Dave Cowley, John Taylor, Jules Barrett, Sam Pemberton and Jon Pemberton  pushed up through the choke in "Sams Dig" up into a large rift chamber -
Named "Paternity's Fault" after the fact that nearly all the diggers have had children during the course of the dig, which has been a bit of a hindrance.

Myself and Jules free climbed an estimated 50 meters up the rift (a bit like the West Swirl Passage in oxlow - but steeper).
Unbelievably - the rift looks to be blind at the top.  :(
The others had a tat at what looks like a floor level continuation that draughts - but is going to require some serious digging.  ::)

Please respect our wishes to stay away for the time being, Now that the exploration fever has passed - we need to get back down and stablise/ginge/concrete the choke as in danger of running in.
Also, be aware that it lies beyond Sump 1 which can and does sump in wet weather. (we where very lucky last night to have avoided the major rain fall on the catchment)

Lots of work to do now, stabilising/surveying/photographing/rigging/rescue dumps etc etc etc.

Give us a couple of weeks then you can all come for a look see  ;)

(see Les - I told you my dig was looking good)  :tease:

Johnny

So Rob, you had better watch out or 100m of Hitch n Hike's finest will be coming the Eldon's direction (y)

:beer: Well done the team; it was a tough bugger but you cracked it :beer:

seddon

Warm congratulations, and the best of luck in keeping it alive when you look around it in more detail.

Like the name!

JonP

as said last night congrats on the breakthrough and a big thanks to Sam and the rest of the team for letting SamP & myself join you the past few times. (y)

It's AMAZING!!!

MWH

You said you would breakthrough when I wasn't there didn't you. Great news ,now to follow the distant roaring?

JB

Congrats everyone who kept the faith with this one whilst pushing through a particularly mean-looking choke (y)

Jules.

AndyF

Well done -  ;) ;) ;) briliant

I know you'd do it....

Soundslike more competition for that rope  ;)

Got any pics?

SamT

Cheers guys  ;)

stabilisation trips, Photo trips, survey trips, rigging trips etc all to come.

watch this space.

Les W

SamT said:
(see Les - I told you my dig was looking good)  :tease:

Never doubted it for a moment.  :-\

Well done all, I assume we will see the piccies and get the full s.p. at Hidden Earth.  (y)

SamT

Les W said:
Well done all, I assume we will see the piccies and get the full s.p. at Hidden Earth.  (y)

Looks like we might need a large-ish slot for the Derbyshire round up this year  ;)

Rob

Great stuff Sam.  (y)
Glad me n Shone weren't there to steal the glory again!

Johnny said:
So Rob, you had better watch out or 100m of Hitch n Hike's finest will be coming the Eldon's direction (y)
Don't worry, sounds like we're still about 40m ahead of you. ;)  Looking foward to be overtaken though, for all of our sakes! Come on Derbyshire!!!