Accom, 3/4nov

T

tubby two

Hello, I'm looking for somewhere to stay in the peak on the 3rd and 4th of november, any ideas or know anywhere with spaces? Apparently orpheus and TSG are full, are there any other huts around? does pindale still exist?

Ta,

tt.

SamT

Yup - Pindale is probably your next best bet.

I think there is mention of the phone no. in previous threads.

paul

Beware - we (at the Orpheus) had a group stay a few weeks ago who had booked Pindale and nobody turned up to let them in. Luckily one was a member of Orpheus CC so they had an last  minute alternative.

Its a busy weekend with Bonfire Night, etc. hence your trouble with getting Orepheus or TSG places booked.

D

Dep

paul said:
Beware - we (at the Orpheus) had a group stay a few weeks ago who had booked Pindale and nobody turned up to let them in. Luckily one was a member of Orpheus CC so they had an last  minute alternative.

Its a busy weekend with Bonfire Night, etc. hence your trouble with getting Orepheus or TSG places booked.

I am going up to Pindale Farm this weekend.
There is a combination box with the required keys in it for late arrivals - we won't be there until very late Friday night.
Can't say yet what it's like, but what I have heard so far is encouraging, and it is pretty cheap, with camping too; so always 'room at the inn' I guess.

D

Dave H

You could try the wonderful accomodation that is Bells Box  :chair:
I thinks it is owned by a Scout group - 10 x 5" beds in a wooden box, with water from a spring, a chemical toilet and no electricity.
I stopped there as a last resort one bonfire night - hopefully one of my mates has booked us into one of the sections of Pindale this year, so I could possibly see you there.

D

Dep

Pindale was spot on - I arrived at about 23:00 last Friday - keys left in combination box as arranged - no issues at all. A good facility at a reasonable price, easy walking distance to Castleton and/or Hope would definitely recommend it.

T

tubby two

How much is it a night?

Were off to south walles instead now that weekend but would be good to know for future.

Ta.

tt.

D

Dep

We paid 8 pounds per night. There were 9 of us staying in the upper barn.  A giant barn with quintuple bunks - shower, toilet and kitchen, even had a TV!
Couldn't fault it.
Easy walk to Castleton so no need for an appointed driver etc.

paul

That s
Dep said:
We paid 8 pounds per night. There were 9 of us staying in the upper barn.  A giant barn with quintuple bunks - shower, toilet and kitchen, even had a TV!
Couldn't fault it.
Easy walk to Castleton so no need for an appointed driver etc.

Seems a bit pricey compared to Caving Club huts - the TSG is half that price for non-members and is in the middle of the village.