instrument for hard explorers

kdxn

From the horses mouth, so to speak !
The CAL-S has only been used on one cave - Pooles Cavern - to measure Seventh Heaven. Results of this on my to do list !
If you have ?50K to spend on a CAL-S, let me know ! Its usually used for mining.

As for Titan, that was done with the MDL QuarrymanPro. Was unable to do the bit below the event horizon because of too much moisture in the air. Had plan to scan from event horizon but equipment access no longer available to me.

GG was done over a few winch weekends including an overnight stay with two scanners, the MDL Quarryman and the VoidScanner. The latter was a prototype which was dangled on rods down the main shaft from the CPC winch platform. It was also strapped to the bottom of the winch seat whilst I sat in it and operated it from just above the level of Birkbeck's ledge - had to avoid any movement whilst in the seat for about 20 minutes.

Smoo, Reads, Yordas, OFD2 Entrance series and St Michaels(Gibraltar) were all done using the MDL Quarryman. Mud Hall was done using the MDL VoidScanner.

I have a new scanner capable of 500m range and 6mm accuracy with integral camera for photo overlay but unfortunately this beauty is not cavable. Working to get an alternative cavable scanner.

graham

kdxn said:
From the horses mouth, so to speak !
The CAL-S has only been used on one cave - Pooles Cavern - to measure Seventh Heaven. Results of this on my to do list !
If you have ?50K to spend on a CAL-S, let me know ! Its usually used for mining.

As for Titan, that was done with the MDL QuarrymanPro. Was unable to do the bit below the event horizon because of too much moisture in the air. Had plan to scan from event horizon but equipment access no longer available to me.

GG was done over a few winch weekends including an overnight stay with two scanners, the MDL Quarryman and the VoidScanner. The latter was a prototype which was dangled on rods down the main shaft from the CPC winch platform. It was also strapped to the bottom of the winch seat whilst I sat in it and operated it from just above the level of Birkbeck's ledge - had to avoid any movement whilst in the seat for about 20 minutes.

Smoo, Reads, Yordas, OFD2 Entrance series and St Michaels(Gibraltar) were all done using the MDL Quarryman. Mud Hall was done using the MDL VoidScanner.

I have a new scanner capable of 500m range and 6mm accuracy with integral camera for photo overlay but unfortunately this beauty is not cavable. Working to get an alternative cavable scanner.

Can you tell us where the results are available?

kdxn

Wookie now (HE 2009) has a copy of Reads, Yordas, GG, OFD2, Titan (so far) as movie rotational clips.

Allan at SWCC has the OFD2 stuff.

Moose has the pointcloud data for Titan but not in a homogenous dataset - I need to do some rework with my new software...........

I hope to be able to post the movies on a website sometime soon.