TerrainTool download

J

John S

Downloads, but I thought there was a .jar file to run somewhere? or am I getting it totally wrong

J

John S

Done all that in the past and this link gives the same set of files.
3 sub directories :- mccombe, mccombe.terrian.data, meta-inf and one file tester.class
None of these are .jar

So where is it hidden?

J

John S

That link pionts to a .zip file not a .jar file on my pc, with the files I noted above. No .jar files anywhere. But when I run the .zip file with Java it runs correctly, creating the correct directories etc.
Don't know why this does not come back with .jar as other java files do? (Java 6 update17)
A bit strange, but you now see my confusion.

Cheers

John

graham

Weird, 'cos the file that's sitting on our server most definitely has .jar at the end of its name.

Still, alls well that ends well.

Rhys

I had the same trouble some months ago. It downloaded as a zip not a jar. I did manage to work around it somehow and get java to open it, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did. Perhaps I just changed the file extension manually. Possibly something to do with Vista.

Alkapton

Just tried from vista, got choice of open with Java or save, I opt to save and have a jar.

Steve - I remember you have problem coverting file formats.  If you can give me an example input file with every kind of screw up in it and an example output file where they are all corrected I'll sit and write a conversion program for ya.

J

John S

Rhys said:
I had the same trouble some months ago. It downloaded as a zip not a jar. I did manage to work around it somehow and get java to open it, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did. Perhaps I just changed the file extension manually. Possibly something to do with Vista.

Thanks for the comment Rhys, thought I was going daft.
I just renamed it with a .jar extension instead of .zip and java runs if fine now. I'm still on XP by the way, so it's not just a vista problem.

In FireFox it's fine.

In IE8, when you hover over the link it shows terraintool.jar in the status bar, but when you click to download it, it tells you it's a zip file and offers to save it as terraintool.zip.

Alkapton

everything is bill gates fault.

Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux

How mANY TIMES do I have to say it before people start using it?

Linux

graham

Alkapton said:
everything is bill gates fault.

Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux

How mANY TIMES do I have to say it before people start using it?

Linux

Still too many things you can't do with it, like use Photoshop