A Big NUCC Thank you!

lydialeather

*Prepare for a soppy thank you post*

So in case you didn't hear me and Jacob screaming with joy this weekend, NUCC won the CHECC ultimate caving club prize. Not gonna lie, Jacob and I almost cried. Its been a lot of work and struggling but worth every bit. Were now a pretty big club with wonderful keen people who just want to get underground, explore and have fun and now all the obstacles have been overcome, that's just what will do!

We'd like to thank all the clubs who supported us in the past, helping us run freshers trips, taking the time to share their training knowledge with us and who kept an eye on us for the past few years whilst we got back on our feet. Now we hope to be able to do the same!

Obviously a massive thank you to CHECC - Council of Higher Education Caving Clubs for this weekend, all of us had an amazing time and are looking forward to NCHECC.

Thank you to UK Caving and all the sponsors (Buff. Warmbac, Fenix and Spanset) involved for the ultimate caving club prize. We will be putting all this kit to good use straight away!

Finally a massive ducking thankyou to the club committee over the past few years for pushing to build NUCC back up! If it wasn't for all this hard work myself and NUCC wouldn't be getting up to all that we are now and we wouldn't be getting the brilliant freshers we have been.

This community is amazing and we're so lucky to be apart of it!

That's enough emotion for me this year!

Lyds x
(Proud NUCC President)

2xw

Nottingham has admirably bounced back from where it was at a few years ago - I guess this prize is a more tangible confirmation of the hard work that you, Jacob, the NUCC committee, and Rhianna, Rosanna, Jay before you have put in over the past few years.

The British caving community is lucky to have such a high calibre of individual around!

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulation Lydia, Jacob and all at Nottingham University Caving Club.

Took this photo of you winning the Ultimate Caving Club prize as CHECC as well as the Grand Prize.

wl

You should be proud of all your hard work, well done  (y) (y)

Sheffield were proud to hand on the trophy to a club we know so well and have worked so hard over the past few years. A brilliant moment to see all the other clubs voting for you guys. You can be sure the loudest cheers were coming from our corner  ;)

A_Northerner

Super happy for you guys! It's impressive and inspiring to see a club that's been through recent struggles pull it all through and go from 0 points at the previous CHECC Grand Prize to completely smashing it this year.

I look forward to seeing you go from strength-to-strength over the next year and beyond, proud to call myself a fellow Notts student!