British Caving Library - Back In Action

yrammy

Following the updated government rulings regarding COVID-19, library personnel will  be  returning to the library under controlled conditions.

Although no visitors will be allowed for the time being, the normal online enquiry service will be available again starting from 13/05/2020. 

We look forward to hearing from you.

Pitlamp

Excellent news! When you start up again tomorrow, any chance you might glance through Cave Research Group Newsletters from 1969 to 1973 (there aren't many) to see if there's any articles about the investigation into hemp cored ladder wire, following the accident on the KMC pitch in 1969? We think these may have been written by (combinations of) Jim Eyre, Derek Brandon or Jack Myers.

Main topic is here (but no need to trawl through it as we've narrowed down the search to the above):

https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=26444.msg323487;topicseen#new

Pitlamp

Thanks Mary - I knew I could rely on you. But you can cross it off the list now and focus on item 2 for someone else, because I now have what we were looking for. Just for the record, the full reference is:

Eyre J, The Safety Factor of Wire Rope. CRG Newsletter 117, September 1969, pp. 29-33.

(It's now also listed in the other topic I gave the link to above.)

Jenny P

We'll look forward to hearing from all our friends via email and phone.

Sorry, but for the moment we can't entertain visitors, so the tea/coffee/biscuits will be waiting when you are able to come and see us again.

Look forward to it. :)