Blaen Onneu Quarry Pot access

Alkapton

In Caves of South Wales and on surveys it seems the Southern extensions to Blaen Onneu QP is gated and locked.  I ask people I know and they all seem unaware that there is a gate in the cave.

Does anyone know if the gate is still there and if it is where do I borrow the key from?

rhychydwr1

Tried to get to Blaen Onneu Quarry the other day, but the council? have dumped a load of earth at the bottom of the track, just by the road.  Is there anybody local with a front loader who can smooth out the hump for an old fart who cannot walk very far?

NigR

Alkapton said:
In Caves of South Wales and on surveys it seems the Southern extensions to Blaen Onneu QP is gated and locked.  I ask people I know and they all seem unaware that there is a gate in the cave.

Does anyone know if the gate is still there and if it is where do I borrow the key from?

Gate miraculously teleported itself to Pwll Du back in 1994. Ask around a bit and you should be able to come up with the whole story.

Be careful if you go there, Chris. It's tight, loose and awkward - not nice at all. (I'm sure you'll love it!).

Huge

NigR said:
Gate miraculously teleported itself to Pwll Du back in 1994. Ask around a bit and you should be able to come up with the whole story.

You could have quite a job there Chris. There's not many people who know 'the whole story'!  ;)

NigR

Huge said:
You could have quite a job there Chris. There's not many people who know 'the whole story'!  ;)

Yes, that's true. But if he asks around enough it will be interesting to see how many different stories he comes back with!

Alkapton

Hummmmm, sounds strange - teleported to Pwll Du??? Surely its not the Draenen gate? curiouser and curiouser said Alice