New Book by Jim Rieuwets - Mill Close The Last Great Derbyshire Leadmine

moorebooks

Mill Close. The Last Great Derbyshire Leadmine, The History of Millclose Mine in the Liberties and Manors of Wensley, Birchover, Stanton and Great Rowsley,

Author Jim Rieuwerts, SB, 230 x 210, 73pp, Colour plans Photos and Diagrams.

Price ?15.00 + P&P via www.moorebooks.co.uk

This book has been produced from previously unseen documents belonging to the Thornhilll Family a considerable number of Mining papers dating back to the early 17th Century which enabled Jim to produce his volume Adventurers in the Lead Trade, this lead to more recent 19th and 20th Century documents about the Great Mill Close Mine. This publication details the History and development of the mine and has allowed some updating to be incorporated, the publication has been produced at the request of Mr Davie Thornhill.

The book is fully illustrated has colour mine plan sections and elevations, it also includes a number colour photographs taken by the late Paul Deakin. There are also a number of historical black and white photographs . Its an excellent read and compliments the previous  volume (Millclose the Mine that Drowned) with lots of new information and a more modern format.

Mike