New BCA Banner

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Look up, see the new BCA banner??

This space has always been empty awaiting an advert/banner from BCA, though for various reasons it never got done - until today  :)

The above has been designed by Gary ( (y) (y)) and added to the forum for ?0.

Click on the banner and it takes you through to the BCA website.

Hope you like it, Pegasus

Pitlamp

Looks grand - and thanks Gary for yet another example of all the work you do for our benefit.

Is that silhouette where Lower Long Churn breaks out into Alum Pot?    :-\

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Sure is, well spotted  :)

...and yes, thanks Gary.

There are lots and lots of volunteers working away doing all sorts of things for the good of caving.  I'm rather hoping that moving forward there will be a lot more positivity about especially regarding BCA (as we're on this thread).

I'd like to end with 'onwards and upwards', however that would apply more to climbing - 'onwards and downwards' doesn't sound so good  :-[  but you get the gist..... ;)

Bob Mehew

I can only see the banner on the topic area of BCA, not on any other forum area nor on the ukCaving home page.  I had presumed that was the intention, else no doubt someone will complain that BCA is taking over ukCaving forum (rather than as it had seemed at times, the other way around  ;) )

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
SamT said:
Nope - haven't got an adblocker extension.  I see adds on other sites.

Do you see the Inglesport, Starless River and SpanSet banners on other boards?

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Bob Mehew said:
I can only see the banner on the topic area of BCA, not on any other forum area nor on the ukCaving home page.  I had presumed that was the intention, else no doubt someone will complain that BCA is taking over ukCaving forum (rather than as it had seemed at times, the other way around  ;) )

Cheeky  ;)

MarkS

SamT said:
Pegasus said:
Do you see the Inglesport, Starless River and SpanSet banners on other boards?

Nope  :confused:

My browser seems uber-keen on blocking anything it thinks is an advert, including this, even when ukcaving is whitelisted anywhere I can find an option to do it. Try opening the page in a "private" or "incognito" window - they shouldn't block anything. The banner looks great!

Attached below for those that can't see it.

Attachments

• banner.png
    banner.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 188

Cave_Troll

I don't know if this is the right place to raise this, but wasn't there a load of fuss recently because an outdoor clothing manufacturer published adverts with a climber climbing up some stal?

so what's on the home page of the BCA ?

GarDouth

Administrator
I'm not sure why people don't see the ads. I've tried on several browsers and platforms both logged in and not logged in and always see all the ads. To my knowledge the only thing that can stop the ads is an ad blocker. You may not know you have one. I will keep an eye on it.

Cave_Troll said:
I don't know if this is the right place to raise this, but wasn't there a load of fuss recently because an outdoor clothing manufacturer published adverts with a climber climbing up some stal? so what's on the home page of the BCA ?

Noted but don't worry, change is afoot :)